Guess that Game | Game Gear 30th Anniversary Edition Week #4

Welcome Forums Sega Handhelds Game Gear Guess that Game | Game Gear 30th Anniversary Edition Week #4

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Barry Pearson
    Keymaster

This week we’re looking at an often forgotten 1996 fighter. What is the name of the game though?

Mystery Game #4

• This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Barry Pearson. Reason: Thread is no longer sticky
    Phil Barrow
    Participant

That chara in blue made me think of Akira in Virtua fighter, and the woman in red I am sure is Pai. So I am guessing Virtua fighter, though I don’t recall it being on the game gear

unleash
    Participant

That chara in blue made me think of Akira in Virtua fighter, and the woman in red I am sure is Pai

That is because you are correct. It is Akira Yuki and Pai Chan from Virtua Fighter. The game is Virtua Fighter Mini on the Game Gear (obvs)

Tom
    Participant

I was going to say Street fighter 2 as I guessed it was Riyu and Chunli but if your both saying virtual fighter I will go with that.
    My answer is Virtual Fighter

Barry Pearson
    Keymaster

Well it looks like this week was a close one. The game is in fact Virtua Fighter Mini/Virtua Fighter Animation.

So Unleash has gotten it spot on, and both Phil and Tom were pretty much there too.

Don’t forget to take a look at this week’s mystery Game Gear title.

Kerry
    Participant

I would’ve guessed street fighter.

Barry Pearson
    Keymaster

Street Fighter would have been a fair guess as the game did establish the character tropes that fed into Virtua Fighter, as well as many other beat’em ups.
    Akira is a Ryu surrogate with Pai standing in for Chun-li.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.