Guess that Game | Game Gear 30th Anniversary Edition Week #3

Welcome Forums Sega Handhelds Game Gear Guess that Game | Game Gear 30th Anniversary Edition Week #3

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Barry Pearson
    Keymaster

This week’s title is a Game Gear exclusive (outside of Brazil) and features a popular blue mammal, but what game is it?

Mystery Game #3

• This topic was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Barry Pearson. Reason: Thread is no longer sticky
    Kerry
    Participant

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Sal Kapoor
    Participant

Sonic Triple Trouble? I know that wasnt on the master system. Unlike Sonic 1, 2 and Chaos.

Phil Barrow
    Participant

Sonic Triple Trouble? I know that wasnt on the master system. Unlike Sonic 1, 2 and Chaos.

That was going to be my guess to! Only one I can think of that wasn’t on the Master System, wasn’t there Sonic Labyrinth too?

The art style really reminds me of Sonic 3D though, I don’t recall that being released on the GameGear.

Phil Barrow
    Participant

Oh wait! Wasn’t there a game called Flikies Island a Sonic game on the GameGear?!?!

Tom
    Participant

Sonic 3D Blast

Phil Barrow
    Participant

Sonic 3D Blast

That was on the Mega Drive and Saturn though. The only “3D” Sonic game on the Gamegear was Sonic Labyrinth too I think

Barry Pearson
    Keymaster

Some great guesses this week. Keep them coming.

unleash
    Participant

Sonic 3D Blast

I think you were thinking of Sonic Blast.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by unleash.
    Barry Pearson
    Keymaster

Some close guesses with Sonic 3D, Sonic 3D Blast and Sonic Flickies’ Island. However, this was aMega Drive/Saturn title that used computer generated sprites to give the game that ‘Donkey Kong’ look.

The Game Gear title shown was Sonic Blast. This title used a similar technique to give a 3D style, but played more like a traditional 2D Sonic title rather than the isometric perspective from Sonic 3D.

So congratulations to unleash for getting this week’s game.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.